Thursday, September 28, 2006
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Sunday, September 10, 2006
me and salahuddin66 started a project that is called 'allbn2unicode'.
This project has following objectives:
1. Create a C based multiplatform converter that will convert from bijoy, alpona, etc encoded files to unicode format.
2. Upon completion of the first objective, create a GTK based GUI for unix platform and MFC based GUI for windows platform.
3. Upon completion of the second objective, extend support for doc, odt, rtf, etc file formats.
So far we have implemented the following features:
1. a command line version that inputs a file and outputs in another
2. a simple plug in system that enables the possibility to convert between any formats
We are working hard to make it a complete software package.
* The project is codenamed 'Rebirth"
* Our team members have contribited in the following parts:
1. Salahuddin created the base structure of the programme, the I/O system, the base algorithm of wide character I/O.
2. Lavluda (me) created the plugin system, added structured data manupulation and various refinements.
3. Zaher revised the basic alogorith, introduced the dynamic memory allocation system, reworked the plugin system, improved the searching algorithm, and various speed impvovements.
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Friday, September 08, 2006
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Friday, August 11, 2006
main # cd / ; mkdir /sid-root main # debootstrap sid /sid-root http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ ... watch it download the whole system main # echo "proc-sid /sid-root/proc proc none 0 0" >> /etc/fstab main # mount proc-sid /sid-root/proc -t proc main # cp /etc/hosts /sid-root/etc/hosts main # chroot /sid-root /bin/bash chroot # cd /dev; /sbin/MAKEDEV generic ; cd - chroot # apt-setup # set-up /etc/apt/sources.list chroot # vi /etc/apt/sources.list # point the source to unstableIt give's me a total debian Sid system with only base packages.
main # echo "8:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/chroot /sid-root " "/sbin/getty 38400 tty8" >> /etc/inittab main # init q # reload initIt makes the login system in tty8 (no need to chroot everytime)
main # cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /sid-root/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 main # chroot /sid-root # or use chroot console chroot # cd /dev; /sbin/MAKEDEV generic ; cd - chroot # apt-get install gdm gnome x-window-system chroot # vi /etc/gdm/gdm.conf # do s/vt7/vt9/ in [servers] section chroot # /etc/init.d/gdm startNow, my system is ready to work with Debian Sid with Graphical manager. Source: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tips.en.html#s-chroot So now 2 linux distribution is runing at time. Debian Sarge on tty7 and Debian Sid on tty9